About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 31, 2011 - Night out with the Besties

My girlfriends from high school had a terrific idea of getting together at PF Chang's for a yummy dinner, some good wine, some laughs, some good conversation and some hugs.  It was a wonderful time and it made me really appreciate how much I love all of them.  There is something about being with friends you have had for a long time (a few of them 30+ years) that makes it so easy and comfortable to talk about anything...plus, laughter is always the best remedy and there is always a great deal of humor shared amongst this group of characters.  One friend drove all the way from Lodi and another from Sonoma - wow, I was humbled that on a "school" night we all were able to get together and raise a glass.  Some of my best times have been with these ladies.  As we sat there at dinner, I couldn't help but think about the proven statistic that 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer during their lifetime.  I certainly hope I am the only "1" in the group...it would pain me to think of any of them having to endure this.

No comments:

Post a Comment