About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011 - Pre-Admission Appointment

Harun and I went to my pre-admission appointment at the hospital this afternoon.  This meeting is essentially to get all the important paperwork out of the way, and to give you some details about where to report and when on the day of surgery.  The nurse, Stephanie, was really friendly and I loved the fact that she told me I could have a sedative as soon as I arrive on Friday!  Praise the Lord!  We are scheduled to get there at 8am, and our first stop will be radiation to receive the dye injection for the lymph node test.  Harun will be able to stay with me during that time.  Poor Harun, he hates hospitals and needles and I know all this is very hard for him to handle, but nonetheless he is being a wonderful support.  The surgery will start at 11 am, and last about 5 hours.  Then I will probably be in recovery for about an hour.  I believe my mom, dad and sister will be at the hospital when I wake up and my mother-in-law will be staying at our house with the kids.  Carolyn keeps asking me if I am scared; I keep assuring her that "no, I am just fine".  I'm not sure if she is buying it or not but I am trying my best to be convincing.  My biggest fear is that all of this freaks out our kids so the more low key I can make my emotions, the better.  This has already disrupted our lives enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment