About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3rd - SURGERY DAY! YAY!

This is going to sound completely absurd, but I am so EXCITED it is surgery day!  All these tests and all this anxious waiting and now I can finally get it over with and move on with my life!  Yes, I am nervous and yes, my stomach is completely in knots but I know that once I get to the hospital I will be fine.  My plan is to close my eyes, picture my happy place (Chamber's Landing at Lake Tahoe) and then sleep.  Hopefully when I awake it will be all over and I will open my eyes to see my loved ones.  I am so very thankful for the incredible support I have gotten from first and foremost my close family...but also for the outpouring of love, prayers and concern from many, many friends and relatives (both near and far!).  Thank you all.  It helps me to feel strong, knowing that so many folks are sending me love today.  I promise to "keep on, keepin' on" and see you all real soon with a nice new set of boobies!  God bless.  Adios for now!!!

1 comment: