About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2, 2011 - Pre-op with Dr. Wowo

This afternoon was my pre-op appointment with my plastic surgeon, Dr. Wowo.  I felt completely at ease today...maybe it was because I set the tone for the meeting by asking the Doc what kind of bike he rides.  (That's something all bikers do; we compare notes on what type of frame we have.  Come to find out he has two Treks.)  Dr. Wowo drew crazy lines all over my chest and breasts with a purple pen.  Honestly, you would crack up if you saw the lines he made...it looks like a crazy African tatoo or something.  Right out of National Geographic.  The last thing he said to me was see you tomorrow and "be good".  Not quite sure what that meant, but you can rest assured I am trying my best to be "good" tonight.  After the appointment Elise took me out for lunch and a beer; earlier in the day we had a mani/pedi so it was some great "sister" time. 

As advised, I drank lots of water this afternoon, had spaghetti dinner up at Mom's house (thanks Mom!), and now having some quiet time at home.  I am nervous as heck about tomorrow morning but I completely trust everyone involved in this chaotic thing and I am putting myself in the hands of these skilled surgeons as well as the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment