About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011 - Brunch at Nancy's

OK, so it wasn't Breakfast at Tiffany's, but it was Brunch at Nancy's!!!  Thanks to Nancy for opening her breathtaking home for a wonderful morning sharing coffee and delicious goodies with some inspiring women.  Again, I was reminded how wonderful it is to be me...I am so blessed with incredible friends who came together to show me their love and support just before my surgery.  Many of these ladies I met at St. Bonaventure and the fact that we all have a shared faith in the Lord makes the relationship even more special.  Seeing all of these friends lifted my spirits and gave me a smile in my heart.  One friend, Monica, gave me a card with this beautiful saying -

"I know you trust in God, so I won't preach about knowing He's there for us all the more when we need Him most.  And I know you have the wisdom to see through the cliches and pat answers, so I won't offer any easy advice.  Instead, what I do want to offer is a gentle reminder of just how much strength you have inside...I've seen it and so has everyone who knows you.  I hope you can feel God's presence and power in a personal way right now...and I hope you can feel the caring, understanding, and support that's going out to you from my heart."

Wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment