About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 9 - MRI and results

Being the claustrophobe that I am, I take the valium prescribed by my doc.  I have had one MRI done before and I remember that the test is loud, it is long and it is inside a huge enclosed tube.  Again, I lie on my stomach and my breasts dangle through an opening on the table (this seems to be happening to me quite a bit!).  The MRI itself went fine; I just chilled out and tried to think of my happy place (Lake Tahoe).  They called me a few days later with the results - it confirmed everything we knew about the right breast, and showed that there was no sign of cancer in the left.  Even so, by that time I had decided that I wanted the left breast removed as well so the results didn't change anything for me.  I am adamant about this decision.  I only want my family to experience this hell once, and one time time only.  Some folks might view my decision as "rash or radical" but I COULD CARE LESS.  Only when this happens to you can you truly understand what it feels like...I almost wanna punch people who seem to question my rationale.  This is MY body and my body has cancer.  I WANT IT OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment