About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 4 - Dr. WOWo (as my sister is calling him)

Dr. Wotowik is my "plastic".  Elissa meets me for the appointment in San Ramon...she is eager to learn more about what is going on and especially about reconstruction after surgery (I actually think she is jealous that I am getting a new set of "girls").  He explains to me how the reconstruction portion of things is a process...it initially begins at the time of the mastectomy and then takes a few procedures over the course of a few months.  I get to decide my new "size"...

I like Dr. W.  He seems a little arrogant but obviously knows what he is doing and has been a surgeon for a long time.  Thankfully, he's a lot older than me.  Plus, he is a fellow cyclist so how could I not like him?

No comments:

Post a Comment