About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

April 14, 2011 - Call from Hospital

I was packing to leave on a weekend trip with Harun to Carmel.  The kids were staying with grandma for the weekend and Harun and I were scheduled to ride the "Sea Otter Century"; 100 miles on our bikes along the gorgeous coastline.  The phone rings.  It's John Muir Health and they need me to come in tomorrow morning for a follow-up mammogram.  Yuck.  Well, my OB told me not to panic if I get called back...evidently this happens about 80% of the time with "newbies" like me.  So, I made the appointment for 10 the next day and decide I will have to delay my trip to Carmel until late afternoon.  Harun is already down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment