About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 22, 2011 - Maddie's Show

Our Maddie sang in a recital this past weekend.  The music was incredible - all my favorites from the Sound of Music.  During this entire cancer ordeal I have not cried, I have not gotten angry, I have not gotten upset.  And this is not to say I WANT to feel these things, but it has kind of surprised me that I am even more resilient than I thought.

During the show, Maddie sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Sound of Music and I had tears streaming down my face.  The harmonizing was so beautiful, the words so powerful, and I was so proud watching my girl up there on stage performing.  I KNOW that I will never walk alone, and perhaps that is why I know I will get through this.  That was so touching to me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamara, I'll never forget the time you gave me the Lance Armstrong's book when Jaime came down with cancer. And when you wore his name on your shirt during your charity ride. Our family will be thinking and praying for you during your fight, because "the fight isn't over until there is no more fight!" For most people this would be a defining moment, but you do know who your are, which is a competitive advantage in the days and weeks ahead. Fist pump!

    ReplyDelete