About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day - FEELIN' GOOD!

Had a funny feeling this morning as I was vacuuming the living room - how good it felt to do everyday chores like I used to do, before I was diagnosed with BC.  Strange that I would actually enjoy vacuuming the living room and doing mundane household tasks!  But, alas, I did!

Maybe that will be one of the many things I take away from this experience - we should never take our health for granted and be thankful for even silly things, like being ABLE to push the vacuum!  I had never given it much thought before...

This week's Taxol chemo went MUCH better than the first.  I took the doctor's advice and did everything she told me, and praise God, I felt a heck of a lot better.  Still some stomach upset and discomfort on Day 3 after the pre-meds had worn off, but I was still able to function and spend the day with my family.  In contrast, last week on Day 3 I was in and out of the bathroom and could barely lift my head off the couch pillow!  This week was indeed a nice change.  And fortunately for me, I've been told it will only get better and better as time goes by as my body learns to accept the medicine.  Woo hoo!

It has been a quiet Labor Day weekend as we didn't want to plan too much in the event I wasn't feeling well.  Since I felt great, on Saturday we had dinner with Mom, Dad, Elise and Steve and on Sunday we took the kids swimming.  Today we are catching up on things around the house, but like I said, I am enjoying it!

Only 10 weeks and 10 treatments left to go!

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool to hear you went to spin class, you must be doing better, I don't know very many people who have the energy for a 5:30am workout. Fist pump!

    ReplyDelete