About Me

I am a happily married 40 year-old mother of three who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer through my first EVER mammogram. I am making it my mission to get the word out about the importance of annual mammograms and early detection. Do not delay this vital test! My cancer would not have been detected as a lump for probably 10 years so the mammogram was key in highlighting these cancer cells. Because of this early detection, I will not only SURVIVE this illness but be a STRONGER person because of it!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I HAVE CROSSED THE FINISH LINE!

First and foremost I want to say “THANK GOD” that I made it through the past 7 months.  I have been through so much since my diagnosis on April 15th of this year.  My chemo treatments ended last Friday and needless to say, I AM EXCITED about my new life ahead!  As each day passes I feel stronger and stronger and better and better.  In retrospect and now that I am starting to feel more like myself, I realize just how sick and miserable I had been.  One of the main things that got me through was the support of SO many wonderful folks.


To my old friends and to my new friends,
To the California Family,
To my family members on the East Coast,
To the cheer moms,
To the St. Bonnie’s friends,
To the Heartlets,
To my bike riding/gym buddies,
To my high school friends,
To my dear friend Monica who took Conrad after school every Friday for almost four months,


I will be forever grateful to you.

I am also grateful for not only your delicious meals, but help with cleaning my house, childcare for our kids, rides to and from chemo, the walking buddies on days when I was feeling up to it and buddies who met me for coffee and chatting when I needed it.  I am forever grateful.  I am also grateful for your moral support; the prayers, the calls, the letters, the emails, the texts.  And the cards - I have saved every single one of them.  On bad days when I felt like I couldn’t take another minute, I would pull one out and the comforting word of a friend would immediately make me feel better.  I have a bag FULL of them.

Whatever category you fall into, please know that I am forever indebted to you. Words cannot even express to you my gratitude for every kindness that was shown to me over the past seven months.  I have always thought that I have been blessed with incredible family and friends, but what can I say…now, even more, I KNOW that I have incredible friends.  Angels.

The past few months have been some of the darkest times of my life and I could not have made it through if I didn’t have the support of all of you.  That was one of the hardest things to accept: that I couldn’t do it all and I was going to have to accept help if my family was going to survive this ordeal.

I know I will look someday soon and realize that God had a plan for me in all this…one thing I can tell you now is that it taught me how incredibly important RELATIONSHIPS are in my life.  Not material things, but relationships.

Last Friday night, two of my dear friends hosted a party for me at Moresi's in downtown Clayton.  It was wonderful to raise a glass and celebrate this new chapter in my life!  I posted some photos from the event on this page.


“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints on your heart.”
Thank you for being a true friend to me when I needed you most!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start my day, you didn't just cross the finish line, you blasted thru the finish line with pride and honor. The definition of a hero is an ordinary person who does extra-ordinary things, that makes you a hero.

    ReplyDelete